Landscaping Snow Technician
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Snow Removal Technician is responsible for working independently or as a team member under the direct supervision of the Landscape Foreman. Responsible for the de-icing and clearing of snow from walks, driveways and parking lots for various residential and commercial properties throughout the Hudson Valley area in an efficient manner, promoting job work-site safety, providing excellent customer service, and exhibits pride and quality workmanship.
- Six (6) months minimum previous snow removal experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean DMVR and current auto insurance coverage. This is required whether you use your own vehicle/equipment or the Company’s.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, flexible and detailed oriented.
- Must be professional in appearance and actions.
- Great time management skills; available for seasonal long hours, a clear schedule to work all hours of the day, any day of the week and a strong work ethic. This position will require, although rare, potential holiday work.
- This is a weather dependent position with no guaranteed hours.
- Punctual and dependable with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of differing backgrounds, knowledge and skill levels.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Foreman in the de-icing and removal of snow from walks, driveways and parking lots for various residential and commercial properties according to the specified contracts.
- Always represent the company’s best interest, maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site, while ensuring current landscape and property is not damaged in the efforts of removing snow.
- Maintain and care for your personal or company provided equipment, tools and vehicles.
- Proficiently and safely use snow removal equipment such as shovels, plows, snow blowers, ATV’s, skid loaders, vehicles with plow blades, and other power and manually operated tools and equipment used to perform snow removal.
- Safely and appropriately distribute de-icing solutions, including calcium chloride or rock salt.
- Perform highly physical work outdoors on a consistent basis in all weather conditions, specifically very cold, icy, snowy weather.
- It is required all Snow Removal Technicians have cold weather gear and wear it appropriately to protect themselves against adverse weather conditions.
- Work as part of a team and take direction.
- Understand and meet contract scheduled deadlines without sacrificing great customer service or excellent quality.
WORKING & PHYSICAL CONDITIONS:
- Physical demands require constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling. Frequently ascends/descends a ladder to perform work.
- Frequently operates machinery and will use hands/fingers and legs to operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, detect and position materials.
- Frequently required to stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 50 to over 100 lbs. with assistance. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constantly required to communicate with ability to talk and hear. Job will require constantly working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to elements. This can include heavy to moderate noise, extreme proximity to moving equipment or machinery, proximity to electrical energy, exposure to tools and machines used in construction industries.
I have read and understand the requirements for the position of SNOW REMOVAL TECHNICIAN. I understand my role and responsibilities as stated above in this full job description.
Employee Name (PRINT)
Employee Signature (SIGN)