General Manager - Landscapes
LCS Facility Group is an independent, fast growing cleaning, landscaping and facilities management company. The Company, which is based in Poughkeepsie, NY, serves a large portion of Southern New York State. In addition, the company has offices in northern California and in Texas. LCS has grown substantially over the last 15 years and is now planning further substantial expansion into other areas of New York State and the northeast US. We offer integrated, highly professional, and unique end-to-end solutions to businesses as a provider of services to maintain, enhance and secure their facilities.
LCS Landscapes is a fast-growing division of service providing grounds maintenance, design, construction, and installation services.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Oversee and direct daily operations of the division. Position has total profit-making responsibility for operations commensurate with sales revenue of the division. Works in conjunction with sales department to generate revenue. Provides direction and leadership to ensure effective operations, complete customer satisfaction and long-term sustainable growth.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with other company management to establish overall objectives regarding sales, production, profits, quality, staff development, monitor progress and ensures achievement.
- Ensures all managers within the department have authority needed to carry out their assigned duties and achieve established goals.
- Manage change order process and follow up with relevant parties. Prepares change orders and proposed change order documentation acceptance and legal signatory execution, maintain change order log, timely billing and collection. Eliminate any possible dispute over change order administration.
- Establishes and promotes contacts with appropriate local and state agencies, associations, developers, and other prospective customers, to obtain work for the division/company and to enhance good public relations. Promotes positive relationship among all entities within the industry.
- Keeps abreast of competition, area growth trends, market studies and other circumstances of possible impact on regional operations. Keeps abreast of legislative development and government actions affecting the Company.
- Develops and ensures implementation of Best Practices procedures throughout all areas of the division. Works with associations, vendors, agencies, other industry resources to stay abreast of new methods. Constantly pursues new ideas, which could be implemented within the Company.
- Ensures any required estimates are produced in a timely manner and in sufficient time to allow sales to generate proposals.
- Obtains information from purchasing and other departments to anticipate and time any likely supply shortages and ensures appropriate steps are taken to secure material. Makes advance recommendations for purchasing solutions.
- Plan and direct personnel management within the Division, including recruitment, hiring, discipline, promotions, terminations, setting performance objectives and evaluating progress.
- Performs periodic work site inspections to ensure work is performed to standards of quality
- Coordinate work of division with other divisions within the Company.
- Selecting, supervising and sustaining relationships with all subcontractors.
- Interpreting contracts, building plans, and specifications to deliver projects within strict budget and time constraints.
- Respond to customer complaints ensuring proper handling to achieve excellent customer satisfaction.
- Qualifies/Disqualifies any warranty issues and represents the Company in warranty resolution. Includes contract adjustment on limited basis within authorized limits.
- Monitoring and maintaining compliance with all state and local laws and regulations.
- Providing hands-on supervision and assistance, operating construction equipment and repairing power tools.
- Hiring, training and supervising staff. Oversee staff performance by prioritizing, scheduling, and delegating assignments.
- Developing and presenting project proposals to clients, utilizing LMN or relevant software.
- Conduct monthly equipment and asset audits.
- Develop departmental budgets and operate within them.
- Makes recommendations for equipment or other asset purchases based upon targeted goals and operational needs.
- Assumes complete responsibility for actual Income Statement and Balance Sheet performance to budget. Works to increase net worth, reduce costs and increase cash flow of division. Constantly monitors volume of work and job mix for maximum effect and communicates with the accounting department.
- Approves all estimates, bids, pricing, contracts and change orders for work within the dollar limits authorized and reviews for accuracy.
- Manage budgets, review and approve sales documents, timecards, personnel documents, and other material to control costs and increase revenue within guidelines. Approves purchases within dollar limit and ensures purchasing is done in most cost-effective manner.
- Ensures all contract files are set-up properly, contract reporting is timely and accurate, and no contract activity goes unbilled.
- Coordinates division advertising, marketing material, or press releases with Marketing Department.
- Manage collections within the division at an acceptable level. Issue Credit Memos on a limited basis within allowance allowed. Ensures any book-write offs are fully documented and correctly supported.
- Estimating, pricing and negotiating all contracts for snow/ice removal, landscaping services, and construction projects.
- Preparing and organizing all documentation for budgets, loans, bid packages, and proposals.
- Purchasing, tracking and maintenance of all items including trucks, heavy equipment, power tools, lawnmowers, snowplows, and other ancillary equipment.
- Oversee all client billing and collections.
- Develops, implements and perpetuates employee compliance with and understanding of all Company policies and procedures related to company human resource policy, compensation administration, safety and field or other general operations.
- Oversee enforcement of Company and Division policies in regard to sales, safety, and operating procedures.
- Provides personnel cross training at all operational and sales levels within the division to ensure seamless continued operations in the absence of any key or other personnel.
- Conducts timely performance reviews of direct reports and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Plan and direct staff development, establishing an environment that motivates staff and provides effective training. Fosters spirit of cooperation between line and staff and personnel.
- Continuing education for all staff in the horticultural field including new practices for equipment and management. Provide coaching and mentoring of staff and management.
- To insure profit making for the landscape management operations
- To develop and direct to insure compliance to the annual divisional budgets
- To develop, oversee and manage key customer, vendor and business relationships.
- To oversee to insure the effective human resource management within the division; recruitment and acquisition of pivotal positions, training, development and retention, completion of effective performance review and accountability measurements, appropriate staff realignment or termination.
- To support in the development and implementation of comprehensive compensation policy and programs to promote skill development, employee retention, and achievement of targeted performance objectives for both division and individual employee.
- To oversee to insure Company credit and collection policies are adhered to. To effectively manage account receivables and keep collection levels at a minimum.
- To oversee the development and execution of the divisions long range business plan
- To oversee the development of an accurate divisional budgeting for profit and loss and the development of an accurate divisional capital asset acquisition forecast
- To oversee the development of a comprehensive and accurate divisional sales and marketing plan
- To oversee the development, implementation and perpetuation of divisional employees compliance and understanding of all Company policies and procedures.
- To oversee the development, implementation and refinement of departmental best practice procedures in all areas of field operations, safety and sales. To keep abreast of new methods in residential landscape and irrigation design and construction operations that might be applicable to the Company; constantly pursues new ideas which could be implemented within the Company
- Effective facilitation of internal and external communication
- Effective communication of division and corporate vision to build a supportive culture
- Ability to identify, assign, develop and retain key employees
- Excellent leadership skills capable of inspiring top tier performance
- Excellent coaching and mentoring abilities
- Effective team building and dispute resolution
- Manage and Reflect on Personal Effectiveness
- Develop Trusting Long-Term Relationships and Networks
- Seek and Accept Feedback
- Maintain a Successful Corporate Image
- Self-starter and demonstrates initiative
- Results and action oriented
- Sales and growth oriented
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Profit driven – seeks ways to cut costs and improve efficiency
- Effective problem-solving skills, ability to handle adversity
- Performs and demands excellent quality in work
- Service and teamwork oriented
- Customer centered and focused
- Focus on learning and self-development
- Technically competent and skilled
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or 7-10 years of relevant business experience.
- Minimum 10 years management and supervisory experience in related field.
- Basic accounting knowledge and profit orientation.
- Knowledge of computer applications (Microsoft Office Suite, desired)